Wondering how your brand is doing online but don’t have a lot of money to spend on figuring it out? Not to worry…you don’t have to spend a lot of time or money to get a good idea on how your brand is performing (as well how your competition is doing).
Here are five easy steps to conduct a free online audit for your brand:
(1) For your website, go to www.quantcast.com to see monthly US traffic (the number of visits per month and the number of people visiting per month) to your site.
(2) To develop a better understanding of your target audience, stay on www.quantcast.com and click the demographics tab to view the gender, age, race, household size, income, and education of your website visitors.
(3) To see how you fare against your competition, go to www.compete.com to view total page views for and unique visits to your website in comparison to up to four of your competitors.
(4) To better understand your Social Media buzz, go to www.socialmention.com to see the likelihood of your brand being discussed in social media, the sentiment of social media mentions, the passion of your social media advocates/detractors, and your brand’s social media reach.
(5) To benchmark or mark progress on your existing social media platforms, go http://www.bloggrader.com/ for a grade and rank on your blog, http://facebook.grader.com/ for a grade and rank on your Facebook fan page, and http://twitter.grader.com/ for a grade and rank on your Twitter handle.
While there are a number of other valuable resources (some free, some paid) to do a much more in-depth analysis on how your brand is doing online (especially in the social media space), these five simple steps are a good and affordable way to begin to understand the current strengths and weaknesses of yours.